Wow it's cold.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrz0610

Burning Hunk
Dec 13, 2011
Eastern CT, Andover
Forgot to top off the stove last night and woke up to a blinking 3...

The wife turned on the oil before before I could stop her. I died a little inside. Hard for the stove to recover when it's 12 outside and down to 65 in the house.

This post is not useful...but the house is cold and so is conversation with the wife. Gotta remember to keep that stove going, lol.

Tell her that 65 is my target temp during the day! Actually that's where I set the heat pump thermostat in the main floor hallway, although the two stoves keep it near 70, so I'm sorta cheating and that's really a "fail safe" temp. But use it for your purposes as needed, of course!

Reactions: jgrz0610
Don't be angry...remember...it's their natural instinct to use System 1 thinking and go looking for a button on the wall when they get cold.

Reactions: jgrz0610
Status
Not open for further replies.