WOW Ohio!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msherer

Burning Hunk
Dec 9, 2010
IL
Went to the Ohio Caverns today and now on our way to Canton. Going through rural Ohio it sure seems as if 90% of the houses we passed had firewood, lots of firewood. I am insanely jealous and want to get back home and cut more. I feel behind now.......

Reactions: Ralphie Boy
Emerald ash borer has killed so many trees that if you've got any woods at all, you've got substantial firewood.

We're running into the same deal in Central IL but I am still in awe at the number of people with firewood. As we were leaving the caverns there were a couple of fellas working on some trees NE of the park.

We were on Rt 739 and Rt 4 then took 30 into Canton.

we live in northwest Ohio....same here, almost every house in the country has wood piled up everywhere

Same deal here in Northern Kentucky. Between my land and the farm next door, I have more ash than I'll be able to burn in my lifetime, or what's left of it.

Even with that I've cycled through rural NY and saw the most beautiful and Hugh stacks. Some made my 14 cord look like a stove load.

Don't try to compeat, just be proud of your own work and laugh all the way to the bank with the cash you save on fuel!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.