XL or Grandpa Bear?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd_C

Dec 15, 2013
littlebyteservices.com
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-XL-F...-Starter-/121260791528?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

$_57.JPG

eBay 12-2013 1.jpg

Yes, I'm the one who saw it listed as a Papa a month ago. I contacted them and left them know what they had by measurements conforming to the brochure attached below;

Grandpa III (arched top) would be 30" wide compared to the huge 34 1/2 width of this one.

The picture of the stove with doors open shows the arched opening of an XL, unlike all other Fishers that have a horizontal straight opening across the top no matter which doors are used.
The "Sun" doors that can't be mistaken for anything but an XL do not use the normal 1 inch channel iron door seal.

Same XL below with open doors;

eBay 12-2013 4.jpg eBay 12-2013 3.jpg

The XL is also the only model requiring an arched screen.

Grandpa difference shown below; (this one was unfired in Maryland Dec. 2012)

MD CL 12-2012 unfired 3.jpg

Looking through my XL folder, I found this pair of doors that sold for $60 on eBay back in Dec. 2012;

XL Doors eBay 12-12 $60.jpg

Attachments

• XL Brochure.pdf
    975.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.