XXV install pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhdblfan

Jun 5, 2008
Central NH
Did it myself,easy and quick.Out the wall straight and used the outside air kit so I could get closer to the window.

Attachments

• DSC01349.JPG
    DSC01349.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 571
  • DSC01350.JPG
    DSC01350.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC01357.JPG
    DSC01357.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 566
Works fine here is the first time I fired it up and the outside the house vent.

Attachments

• DSC01354.JPG
    DSC01354.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 561
  • DSC01355.JPG
    DSC01355.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 550
  • DSC01358.JPG
    DSC01358.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 561
Looks Super, Stove and Pad....

My install is exactly like yours except for the cap outside.

Make sure to keep all those leaves away from underneath your exhaust !!!

Thanks,
That puppy is heavy and hardest part was moiving bacn and forth to cut the hole (in between comercials while the football game was one)
The wife has to get out there and rake,I will tell her again !In a couple weeks there will be snow on the ground,we got over 10 ft last "winta"and that won't be a problem.I put some gravel down untill then.

Attachments

• DSC01359.JPG
    DSC01359.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 531
10' !!! Our average here is only 16 inches of snow per year. I will be raking the leaves till new years

I really like your stove install, but am disappointed as I read your thread title as "XXX install pics". j/k

Looks great. Fire it up. I am sure it is cold up in NH.

Looks great! Keep an eye out that your vent termination pipe has plenty of
room this winter when the snow gets too deep.
Looks like our little "XXV" family is growing fast around here lately.

Thanks all,
I will try and get some nice looking ladies in thongs and do that XXX install pics ;-)

With the outside air kit you can be 18" from window,much easier.Whole kit and pipe was less then $250.00,my labor as always free (not counting the beer).

I have a 350 foot driveway in front and then a back one to the lower garage's and firewood so my Kubota 24 Hp diesel tractor with 50" snowblower is a necessity.Makes it much more fun to keep the area around the house clear.We probably got more then 10 ft as that was the total in Concord I am north of there by the ski area.

Thanks all,
I will try and get some nice looking ladies in thongs and do that XXX install pics ;-)

With the outside air kit you can be 18" from window,much easier.Whole kit and pipe was less then $250.00,my labor as always free (not counting the beer).

I have a 350 foot driveway in front and then a back one to the lower garage's and firewood so my Kubota 24 Hp diesel tractor with 50" snowblower is a necessity.Makes it much more fun to keep the area around the house clear.We probably got more then 10 ft as that was the total in Concord I am north of there by the ski area.

Thanks,
I noticed I did the double tap (I was on the laptop) but could not figure out how to remove the extra one.

Great looking stove, and nice install ! You must not be very far from me. Nice to see neighbors on the forum.

Nice!

Just remember to keep the snow clear of your vent, and enjoy!

Thanks for the compliments,
it really is very easy,can't understand why one would pay 400 or more to have it done.Hardest part is getting it off truck.
Dustape, Hi neighbor ! I am over by Sunapee where are you hiding out?

Question for you XXV guys,what are you using for battery backup? I started to read the thread with the different waves and got lost?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.