Ya Just Gotta Wait!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This Cherry in the bowl was uprooted/hung up since the 2008 micro burst, it finally came down. I'll take most for firewood, the biggest section (trunk) I plan on milling.

Pic 6938 is the Cherry earlier this year, the rest are from today.

Attachments

• 100_6938.JPG
    100_6938.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_7058.JPG
    100_7058.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_7059.JPG
    100_7059.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_7060.JPG
    100_7060.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 124
Hope it's still in good shape - how rot resistant is cherry?

Big tree, will make some nice boards &
firewood :)

Hope it's still in good shape - how rot resistant is cherry?
It seems to last a long time when down, most of the Cherry I've cut has some rot in the center of the tree.

Big tree, will make some nice boards &
firewood :)
I'm not sure what I'll use the boards for, maybe some boards for a workbench or a coffee table, any ideas?

Sure make a nice coffee table ;)

Reactions: Thistle
It seems to last a long time when down, most of the Cherry I've cut has some rot in the center of the tree.

Yup, that is very typical of cherry.

I'm not sure what I'll use the boards for, maybe some boards for a workbench or a coffee table, any ideas?
How about making a bench for the front or back door , with a mirror on the wall. How about a blanket chest, fancy wood box or maybe a couple nite stands.

How about making a bench for the front or back door , with a mirror on the wall. How about a blanket chest, fancy wood box or maybe a couple nite stands.
I'm thinking a chest for my great niece. Most of our stain on the wood in our house is a lighter color.

Beautiful (and durable too,though not quite like hard maple) for workbench tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.