Yardworks electric log splitter issue!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Glindathegolden2

Jun 24, 2020
Canada
Hi y'all my husband just bought a 4ton log splitter in box from a lady online. She hadn't used it at all and it is only about 6months since she purchased. We were excited to try it out but after only one cut the splitter stopped running. I can hear it start up when I push the button but the pusher doesn't move. We checked the oil and it was fine. Any suggestions on what to do now? I tried the 1800 number but got nothing

Hello.
Do you know the make and model? [Yardworks, sorry]

What I hear on these sites is some of those units have a breather bolt/screw that must be opened so the tank can vent. Also, there may be an additional handle/lever you must hold down/move when you push the button. Some units have a cable that moves the lever.

It may also be low on oil or no oil.

If this manual applies to your splitter, here is the operating technique used to operate it.

Screenshot_2020-06-25-08-07-55~2.png

Find out if they sell them at a Lowe’s or Home Depot. If they do buy one there and bring back yours for your money back. Use your poker face when doing so. Support for products is tough to find nowadays with the COVID-19 thing shutting down many call-in centers. I left a email for a LG above the range microwave oven I bought that was missing a installation part 3 months ago and I haven‘t heard a word from them yet.