Yee Ha Buy my first insert a Country Comfort - Any insights or warnings its $550

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LeNerd

Oct 20, 2018
New Jersey
I don't know the model but here it is. I see some people really like them from this site but see I may need an adapter to go to round and should maybe pull my damper from my existing 1970's era masonry fireplace. It is My fireplace is 49"w x 22"d x28"h the hearth is 18" deep.
I am told the The insert portion is approx. 29 inches wide; 14 inches deep, and 22 inches high. The entire unit is approx. 48 inches wide, 29 inches deep, and 32 inches high. I will like to install myself any links and opinions are appreciated

Thanks
44332059_10102328698556330_5723856826085146624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the model but here it is. I see some people really like them from this site but see I may need an adapter to go to round and should maybe pull my damper from my existing 1970's era masonry fireplace. It is My fireplace is 49"w x 22"d x28"h the hearth is 18" deep.
I am told the The insert portion is approx. 29 inches wide; 14 inches deep, and 22 inches high. The entire unit is approx. 48 inches wide, 29 inches deep, and 32 inches high. I will like to install myself any links and opinions are appreciated

Thanks
View attachment 231424
Did you buy it already?

Not Yet Said I would though Why?
That price is way higher than i would ever consider paying for an old stove like that. Around here that would be 200 or 250

That price is way higher than i would ever consider paying for an old stove like that. Around here that would be 200 or 250
New Jersey has higher prices. I checked ads throughout the summer and nothing was listed. Now there are newer name brands like Jotuls for like $2000 -harmons for $1500 and a bunch of rusty old ones from $350 to $500

Just an FYI/heads up, I don't think you can get some parts for those anymore either...the manufacturer has been gone for years.

Reactions: bholler
Country wood stoves are still manufactured, however they were bought out by Lenox. I believe many parts are still available even for the older stoves made by “country stove”!

Avalon Rainier from 2003. In mint condition $267. I know now winter is coming prices are higher. But I bought this one last January. There are still deals to find for used stoves. $500 for a stove that old is way too much.

Attachments

• Rainier 2.jpg
    Rainier 2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 163

Thanks
View attachment 231424
Way too much dough for that, in NJ or anywhere. Plus, look at it. I'm a fan of stuff with character and seasoning, but there's such a thing as too much.