Yesterday work.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarmisle

Sep 28, 2022
Ohio
Good sized ash fell on property yesterday across the river, 22 inches plus in diameter, standing dead at least three years, snapped off ten feet from ground .
Got it cut solid beautiful wood, now I have to haul it across the river, been there done that, the Yamaha is up to the task. I'm set for firewood till at least 2030, but I hate to see a good tree go to waste, it's amazing how many windfalls can be had on 10 acres.

ash.jpeg

Beautiful! The last ash I got, didn't have room for it so I laid down an extention ladder in the yard, and stacked the ash on the ladder. I couldn't let that ash go to waste.

Good sized ash fell on property yesterday across the river, 22 inches plus in diameter, standing dead at least three years, snapped off ten feet from ground .
Got it cut solid beautiful wood, now I have to haul it across the river, been there done that, the Yamaha is up to the task. I'm set for firewood till at least 2030, but I hate to see a good tree go to waste, it's amazing how many windfalls can be had on 10 acres.

View attachment 310003
Stack It off the ground. It will last for years.

What river are you going to cross? The Ohio?
What kind of boat do you have? That's a new one on me, boat transport of firewood.

How far do you have to carry the wood to get it to the river?

What river are you going to cross? The Ohio?
What kind of boat do you have? That's a new one on me, boat transport of firewood.

How far do you have to carry the wood to get it to the river?
The Rocky River that drains in to Lake Erie, dissects my property in half,I'll post a picture when I start of equipment used, been there many times before, one spot usually if no heavy rains stays at about a depth of 3 feet, the distance from my cutting site to where I cross the river is about 50 yards, the span across the river is about 25 feet.