Yet another newbie with ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nine45s

Dec 22, 2008
S.E. MI
Hi All,

I want to put a wood stove in my 1800 sf ranch house.
After days of reading and searching on this most informative site I can not seem to find much info on the 2 stoves that seem to be on top of my list of choices. Maybe you guys can help out.
I seem to like the Lopi Republic 1750 the best, anyone have one or know good or bad ?
Another stove I have been looking at is a Kuma Tamarack, any info on this ?
I do not plan on using this for a primary heat source (I am using a geothermal heat pump), I want it for when the grid goes down and to give my ghp a break on really cold days.
Thanks for any and all input.

Gerry

I don't know anything about either of those stoves but I've read a bit about the Lopi's and they seem to be in the upper range of $$. Beautiful & well respected stoves I think. (?)

I can make this suggestion: when you've decided on what stove fits your needs, go up one more size. You never know when the power is going to go out or he circulator pump or whatever,and you'll have a good backup.

Search the manufacturers of the units your looking at and you'll hopefully find enough info the peruse for a few hours.

Good luck.

Never heard of the Kuma. I own a Lopi and am perfectly satisfied with it in all respects. Rick

I've been burning a Lopi Endeavor for the last month, and I have no compliants. My paternal grandmother is buring a Lopi Liberty, and we have no complaints with that stove, either. I don't think you'd go wrong with a Lopi product.

Status
Not open for further replies.