you just might make it after all...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Too bad you don't live closer, I'd loan you one of mine. They are pretty much bullet proof. I used to have a big Troy Bilt horse but I sold it when I bought the Cub Cadet rear tine. The Cup has counter rotating tines so it breaks hard ground nicely and it's a one handed deal. Very nice tiller. The Huskvarna rear tine is very similar. Not that much cost wise either. Think I paid about 600 for mine when I bought it a couple years ago... and my Troy Bilt hiller-furrower fits the Cub too. I plant a lot of potatoes so I use it quite a bit.

Only thing I didn't like about the Cub was the engine. It came with a Honda that I promptly tossed a rod in and Honda wouldn't warrant it, said it was my fault because I didn't check the oil Only had 4 hours on the motor and of course all the oil ran out from a hole in the block... Has a HF Predator on it now. I'm done with Honda motors.

They have now issued a frost warning for tonight, saying 33 degrees, it's 54 now.
Should of seen me trying to find a rear tine till. DR power equip has them backordered till September! I hit all the local dealers, found Home Depot had a few. Was told they couldn't get the transmissions out of China.
I use a Gamo Shadow Whisper break barrel pellet rifle on the small critters. Chipmunks make good target practice! Everything else gets the Ruger 10/22. Neighbor gets 25-30 racoons out of his barn every year.
Extended forecast has us slowly warming over the next week to 10 days. But also more rain too! ;)
Hard to beat the 17. I have a Ruger 10-22 but it won't drop a ground hog over 25 yards and I'm not getting out a 308 or a 300 Win Mag to shoot varmints. No chipmunks here, the cats handle that chore.

Amazing what a 17 grain pill will do. Cheap rifle too. trigger is clunky but I don't care, I'm not hunting big game with it.

Reactions: Ssyko