Your Hearth, From Where You Sit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

St. Coemgen

Feeling the Heat
Feb 4, 2016
Hungary
www.stcoemgen.com
Photos only. Unfiltered. Spur of the moment photos. Pull out the phone and take a photo. No text or comments. Just photos of your hearth from where you sit.

One of mine:

2016-10-15-14-43-45.jpg

Hearth 10-15-16.jpg

Last edited:
Chuck, does your radon system cause draft issues? Secondly, do you have bug issues with that much wood inside?

Nice, warm shots. He's a cutie. Fireplace looks great too.

;em Luahna is a beautiful name, much better than naming her after the adjacent butte.

Reactions: iron
Chuck, does your radon system cause draft issues? Secondly, do you have bug issues with that much wood inside?
Hi Pertzbro. I have not noticed any negative draft problems since installing the radon system. The system runs 24/7, but it's only meant to pull air from under the slab in the basement and evacuate it out at the back of the house; it doesn't seem to pull any air from the basement. In fact, the only time I ever had a problem with draft was when I tried to start a fire with a cold stove and didn't realise that the wife was running the clothes dryer upstairs... that caused a few smoky moments of panic in the basement, but we soon got it under control.... Haven't had any "bug" problems at all with the wood in the basement, but then the wood is nice and dry, been seasoning for 2 years....

"she"

she wasn't wearing enough pink clothing, like normal, in the pics. her name is luahna, named after a nearby mountain.

But she is laying on some pink blankies;)

PS My oldest daughter's first word was "hot" due to the woodstove ... you may find the same happening at your house!

1e177ba1c6acf2a14dd882b81097aa5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two wood stoves. One insert (regency i1200) and one free standing(Drolet HT2000). I only run them both at the same time if it is -10*c or colder (not my rule, it's the wife's), but will often put a fire in the insert just because.

Last edited:
Chuck, does your radon system cause draft issues
The radon system should be completely sealed from inside air, the inlet to the radon pipe is installed under the concrete pad, the piping then goes to a blower and the air goes outside. The air getting sucked out from under the foundation is replaced by air coming in from around the foundation on the outside.