YouTube Small-Engine Repair Videos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hey guys. I just posted a link to a video that shows a rebuild of a Tecumseh carb for another thread. Thought I'd share the following YouTube Channel in case anyone is interested in small-engine repair videos. IMO this guy does the best small-engine videos on the web - search DonyBoy73 under YouTube. Many very well-done videos on many repairs on chainsaws, lawnmowers, lawn tractors, snow blowers, etc., etc. Videos can range from simple fuel line replacement, to carb rebuilds, to full engine rebuilds and lots in between.These are great resources for folks interested in learning small-engine repair to service their own equipment, etc.

So.......if you have a favorite small-engine site - videos or otherwise, that you think worth sharing, let get a useful list of good links started.

Cheers!

Reactions: ScotO
There are some good videos on youtube. But for every 'good' one, there's probably a couple dozen or so to ignore.....
That guy seems like he knows what he's doing. Big thing to remember is to research several sources before you commit to a project....

I agree Scott - some REALLY bad ones with pretty bad information - this guy is definitely good and worth watching for folks that are learning particular repairs. Cheers!

Reactions: ScotO
Yup Dony is great. Another good one is Taryl Fixes All, a bit over the top sometimes but entertaining none the less and very informative.

I agree Scott - some REALLY bad ones with pretty bad information - this guy is definitely good and worth watching for folks that are learning particular repairs. Cheers!

I found this gem in a thread in the woodstove forum. :) (Summary: "Down home country girl" shows you how to light a fire, possibly a really big one. Step one: Jam stove full of wax logs and newspaper. Step two: Soak the whole mess in kerosene. Step three: Whoooosh. Spoiler: Her sweater doesn't catch fire, and it's really disappointing when it doesn't.)

Status
Not open for further replies.