Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevekng

Stevekng
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 21, 2007
    Loc:
    Central Maine
    My Enviro Vista Flame VF100 will need some insulation cloth that goes behind the center firebox panel. The piece that's in there is 8 years old and is falling apart. I had an oil service tech here today putting a part in my FHA furnace and he said that the cloth is VERY expensive. I know that the Enviro OEM replacement part is over $200. The tech told me about some material called "Zero Board" that is pretty cheap. It comes in 1", 3/4", and 1/2" thickness. The tech also told me that the stuff will withstand over 1500 ::F. Does any one know if the Zero Board will be an acceptable replacement for the original cloth?:confused:

2. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 29, 2007
    Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
  3. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    CygnusX1 likes this.
  4. chamas

chamas
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 13, 2011
    Loc:
    PNW
    Looks like a kaowool-type material. A good HW store should have sheets of that stuff.

5. Ctcarl

Ctcarl
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 4, 2014
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Wow you got 8 years out of it?when I had my enviro it was black and falling apart after 3 months .

6. Stevekng

Stevekng
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 21, 2007
    Loc:
    Central Maine
    Thanks, by the way are those German Shorthairs in your avatar? I had one (female ) that lived for 14 years. She (Koko) was the best Frisbee dog in the world. She would jump 5ft. and do flip to catch one; chase one down running 200+ ft. Great dogs. I have Weimaraners now, though.

7. Stevekng

Stevekng
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 21, 2007
    Loc:
    Central Maine
    It isn't in the greatest shape. Maybe I should've changed it a lot sooner.:rolleyes:

Ctcarl likes this.
  8. johneh

johneh
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2009
    Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    Thats what they are ( German shorthaired pointers ). the old lady ( brown one ) is 13 and still the best
    upland bird dog I've ever owned.The one in behind is a 2 year old still in training and the great great Grand
    son of the brown one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.