10-CPM startup question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Presa canario

Oct 6, 2009
Central, pa
Seems that my multi-stove is acting a little different at startup. The picture below shows what I am trying to explain. But stove starts up (T-stat) and the burn pot now gets about 1/2 full of pellets before it ignites. When it ignites - the flame is out of control. Prior to this it seems that once the stove dropped pellets in burnpot they were ignited fairly quick.

Bottom 3 bottons are (3-2-1) and I am burning O'malleys in it now.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 192
Has that puppy got an air pump? If so it may have gone belly up or the air flow is blocked around the igniter.

IMS imacman has one of those puppies. Maybe he'll be on shortly.

Good thinking! Yes, it has an airpump that I had replaced earlier in the season when the unit was brand new. But that makes sense cause the burnpot is not clean like it was previously.

Thanks

Also, have you taken a toothpick, or very thin small screwdriver and scraped around the ignitor to make sure no old burned pellets or carbon has built-up in the tube? That would slow or stop the flow of air from the air pump. You could also remove the left side decorative panel & remove the ignitor to see/clean it better.

Also, I find that my ignitor element tends to "move" over to one side of the blower tube. During cleaning, I gently push it back into the middle with the above mentioned small screwdriver....that way air flows all around it.

Air pump is operational! Igniter was just double checked and is clean/clear of all debri. Englander tech thinks my igniter may not be getting to high temperature so a new one is on it's way! I'll post results once that is Installed and tested for future refrence!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.