1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

$100 husky CL score

Post in 'The Gear' started by osagebow, Sep 28, 2013.

1. osagebow

osagebow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Finally ran into another Husky 350. I busted the housing and 1 bolt on my other one a few months back. Got this one with a case, couple of files, and extra chain for 100 bucks! Also a cool star-scrench that fits husky screws, so i can take the other one apart now.

Only a hearth.com guy would test and buy a CL saw in a Chuck E. Cheese parking lot. Wife was convinced I was gonna attract some heat.:)

Cut up a loblolly I had dropped a while back, ran great.

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dougand3

dougand3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Alabama
    Great score! Now, if you go into Chuck E. Cheese with saw running, may start some trouble...
  3. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Nice score! Cheers!
  4. JOHN BOY

JOHN BOY Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western Mountains ,NC
    The husky 350 is a great saw have owned mine now for a long time . There practically indestructible , a muffler mod really wakes them up . Ive cut tons of wood with this saw and some very large rounds as well.
    When mine goes i will get another one . Very light weight ,fast rpm's and great torque for a 52 cc saw. Good score for 100.00 bucks
    TreePointer likes this.
  5. Jon1270

Jon1270 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That's what I paid for my 350 last year after realizing that my first saw (a 137) wasn't going to cut it. The bar and chain were toast, but it came with a case and a jug of bar oil. I didn't realize at the time that it was such a good deal. I've since acquired some bigger saws, but am not anxious to get rid of the 350.
  6. WES999

WES999 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
    Good score! I have a husky 350 I picked up for $50, needed new piston and rings and some other stuff.
    Nice saw. Here is something I posted a while back regarding some weak points on this model.

A few thing to check, clean the carb and replace the diaphragms, replace the fuel line and filter, check for air leaks, the 350 has a poorly designed intake manifold the plastic clip did not provide much clamping force, I replaced mine with a hose clamp.
    I also had a substantial air leak where the cylinder meets the plastic case. I suspect the plastic relaxes a bit allowing the screws to loosen. This is probably what killed the saw for the previous owner.
  7. cygnus

cygnus Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central, NJ
    I love my 350. I'd pick up another for 100 in a heartbeat.
  8. osagebow

Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks - I took an allen wrench to test the muffler bolts, guy was expecting that question. Appreciate the heads up on the other stuff. Great saws- seem to keep up with my newer "choked up" 290
  9. osagebow

Loc:
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I remember wishing I was "home" when that saw was on CL :)
  10. Pdesjr

Pdesjr New Member

Loc:
    CT
    Love my 350 Bought it refurb 2yrs ago for 260. Cuts like a madman