1976 Frontier wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Obucdow

Nov 24, 2017
Grants pass, Or
Hello, I was sitting here warming up against my wood stove in my shop, when a thought crossed my mind, where was this stove made?? I know the history of the stove as it was purchased new by my grandfather in 1976 "year I was born" in Grants Pass, OR The stove heated there home for 35 years until they decided on a new pellet stove. I had always admired it and told my grandfather when they were ready to replace it, I would love to have it! It sat in storage for 5 years until I was able to build a shop an install it. I spent the the morning learning the story of Bob Fisher & Jake Jackson, but my question is this one of the first Frontiers built by Jake??? I cannot find one earlier than 1977.

Thanks
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some friends have a Frontier in their log cabin. It hasn't been run hard, and will probably outlast them! The stove is a hungry beast!