2 days till Dec. 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How many if any have you burned

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Geno. I just read all 13 pages of Jays pellet testing, really interesting stuff. I really never gave pellet brands much thought, I just bought what Menards had in stock. Once in a while they will carry the Rocky Mountain brand which tested well. I will have to stock up when I see them.

Only on bag # 2, but then again,
I didn't get the P43 in operation til Sunday AM...
Lil bit a oil, prolly 1/2 tank a LP...
Been kinda mild so far, & I haven't even plugged
the Cross Bones into the Battery Tender, yet...

Dr_Drum said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
... are ye a Mainer or are ye from away...

Born and raised, ay uhh! :)
Mike -

Just because your cat has her kittens in the oven, that don't make them muffins %-P .

(To those from away, you have to have been in the state for several generations before you dare to call yourself a Mainer.)

macman,

You know most people speak kind of funny to us folk in Maine ;) .

mattson70 said:
Hey, great site here with good info. I've only burned about 5 bags of pellets so far. Was a very warm November for South Dakota. Temps set to plunge starting today, stove will be running for a while now.

Just checked the forecast again, looks like 23* on Friday morning so the season is set to begin......

SmokeyTheBear said:
Dr_Drum said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Mike -

Just because your cat has her kittens in the oven, that don't make them muffins %-P .

(To those from away, you have to have been in the state for several generations before you dare to call yourself a Mainer.)

macman,

Macman, Yes, it's a secret society, with our own language. :coolsmirk:
Smokey, mmmmmm, coon cat kittens taste good. :vampire:
Mike -

SmokeyTheBear said:
macman, You know most people speak kind of funny to us folk in Maine ;) .

Nope, nope, nope.....everyone I ask, from Brooklyn or down south in Joisey, all say you guys talk funny. :)

gbreda said:
mattson70 said:
Hey, great site here with good info. I've only burned about 5 bags of pellets so far. Was a very warm November for South Dakota. Temps set to plunge starting today, stove will be running for a while now.

Welcome to the forum mattson. This is a great site for info...and some laughs too. Great bunch here.

Geno
What he said, and more. ( been to SD a few times and say it's a good time, Sturgis, Mt. Rushmore, Buffalo Roundup at Custer, Deadwood, the Badlands, Souix Falls, and Chamberlain, not to mention Pierre. Is it really two time zones for Pierre?) 1 ton and counting here.

Dr_Drum said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Dr_Drum said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Mike -

macman,

Macman, Yes, it's a secret society, with our own language. :coolsmirk:
Smokey, mmmmmm, coon cat kittens taste good. :vampire:
Mike -

Mike,

How do you get your coon kittens, be damned if I can ever find any. Now Brunswick stew material sometimes gets up on the deck.

macman,

You'll never be able to translate Mainer into anything even remotely resembling Joisey, even Joisey folk have trouble understanding each other :zip:

Now for something on topic before the mods send this thread to the ash can.

All you fine pellet burners who have gone through a ton should take advantage of the first warm day to tear down and clean your stove before the really cold stuff comes a calling.

I spent a bit of time this afternoon with my stove's parts all over the hearth and gave it a full stove enema.

SmokeyTheBear said:
How do you get your coon kittens, be damned if I can ever find any.
Use a Blue Tick to chase'em uppa tree, then BLAST'em with a 410, or wing'em with a 22. :lol: Mmmmm, stew . . .
Later, Mike -

Umm, Ya, definitely clean that stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.