2 hours!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
We just got a cap put on a new truck. Going to my first stop in the new truck, I stopped outside the driveway to make a left turn. A 19 year old decided to try to drive between me and the guardrail at speed, hitting both, in his mother’s car. I had the truck for 2 hours! It probably isn’t totaled, but has a good amount of damage. He got cited for it.

Sigh.

We just got a cap put on a new truck. Going to my first stop in the new truck, I stopped outside the driveway to make a left turn. A 19 year old decided to try to drive between me and the guardrail at speed, hitting both, in his mother’s car. I had the truck for 2 hours! It probably isn’t totaled, but has a good amount of damage. He got cited for it.

Sigh.
That sucks big time.

That really sucks. Tell the insurance company you want a new one.

Reactions: thewoodlands
What they said...no fixy.
What insurance company was it that used to advertise a brand new replacement if the vehicle was less than xx months old or xxx miles?
Haven't seen it in a while now...

Both doors, a side of the bed, and the tail light assembly. I'm sure they'll check if labor will make it more than a new one.

Bummer, beats my three days from delivery to totaled. In my case the damages exceeded 80% of the repair cost so they totaled it and wrote me check for exactly what I paid for. I had a $7,500 EV credit so I ended up making money on the deal.