29 days left to grab all you can!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How many you still need?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our 4th winter with the Fireview and this is the first time we've gone over 3 cord. In this type of year with our old stove we may have burned 7 cord but 7 I think is the most we ever used. No, I do not miss those days.

I am seeming to have a problem getting over 20 cord put up though.

Backwoods Savage said:
I am seeming to have a problem getting over 20 cord put up though.

If you want 20 let me know, we can make it happen when you hip is done healing.

Hey rdust. We're supposed to start the remodel and addition this week. Maybe we'll invite you over when it is done. WE could even build a nice fire out on the sand and have a real cookout?! And I'd love to work with you sometime.

Awesome Rdust! MMAUL Never lifted today! All pignut hickory. He had two 360 and a 460 like shooting fish in a barrel wot for 3 hours. He had the landing back up for an hour and a half! one splitter today.

[quote author="rdust" date="1301868257"]Jay,

It's only snowing so I grabbed some pics of the current stacks. Pretty much look the same as the other ones. I have probably a cord or so of white ash in rounds but didn't snap a picture, I didn't feel like walking that much. :)

Rdust, great job on your accumulation of some great btu's.

Zap

I didn't get one stick cut last year. I usually start April first and end up at the end of May. I have two years worth left in the stacks so I need to lay another one in behind them by the end of May. Three more cords should take care of it and wipe me out.

I burned between 4 and 5 last year and have around 3+ cords bucked so far w/ 70% of that split and stacked. I will try and get as much as I can though through out the year so I can start getting ahead for the coming winters. It's hard work but it seems to be keeping me semi sane.

I think I'll burn about four cords next winter, so I'd like to get four this spring and summer. A friend up the street is having about a dozen medium-sized trees cut down and I get the wood, so that will be a good start on my cutting. I am about three years ahead and want to stay that way.

29 days to go? For the trees to leaf out? If so, that doesn't bother me . . . I do most of my cutting in the summer and Fall . . . then again I also tend to be a couple of years to three years ahead so it doesn't really matter to me if there are leafs on the trees or not. What does concern me a bit though is cutting in Spring and worrying about the bird nests . . . I made that mistake one year and accidentally took down a chickadee nest.

firefighterjake said:
29 days to go? For the trees to leaf out? If so, that doesn't bother me . . . I do most of my cutting in the summer and Fall . . . then again I also tend to be a couple of years to three years ahead so it doesn't really matter to me if there are leafs on the trees or not. What does concern me a bit though is cutting in Spring and worrying about the bird nests . . . I made that mistake one year and accidentally took down a chickadee nest.

I dont like fighting the leaves at all. Just one more thing to deal with so if I can finnish before May that would be Awesome!

I picked 1-2 but not really sure where I'm at as I've got a bunch of red elm and red oak down and bucked but the ground is too wet to get into the woods to get it out. I think I actually probably have enough to finish 2014/15 which will give me 20 cords c/s/s for the Oslo and I only went through about 2 cords for the Morso (but still burning) this winter and should have plenty already cut to fill that back up.

So, by May 1 I should have 24 cords c/s/s. It has taken me 3 years to get here and not sure what I'm going to do with all my free time. Only processing 6 cords a year is going to seem like child's play.

Status
Not open for further replies.