5 cord today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
5 men, two splitters, 5 cords split. I am now officially two years ahead on wood! Would post photos but cannot seem to post with my iPad.

Reactions: Nixon and ScotO
wow! thats production. congrats. what kind of wood is it?

Now that's moving. Nicely done!

That's a lot of work, great job! What kinda wood?

Almost the whole grapple load was maple. A couple of small pine logs.

The crew worked their a--es off! Have a great photo of everyone sitting on the pile, but like I said, darn iPad will not allow me to post it.

Reactions: ScotO

The crew worked their a--es off! Have a great photo of everyone sitting on the pile, but like I said, darn iPad will not allow me to post it.
sounds like a good day, you guys must've been clicking like clockwork. I love it when a plan comes together and you can get lots done in a day. Plan on using it this winter? Maple and pine, if the fall is dry, should dry out nicely.....

Sounds like a busy day for sure.

PM sent Remkel.

That's some seriously good work ! I did about 1 lousy cord, c/s/s then surrendered to the heat and humidity .

sounds like a good day, you guys must've been clicking like clockwork. I love it when a plan comes together and you can get lots done in a day. Plan on using it this winter? Maple and pine, if the fall is dry, should dry out nicely.....

I know people will say otherwise, but the rounds were cut several months ago and have been sitting in the sun...a lot of them were really checked up and I think I could get into some of the wood this year if needed. Luckily, I already had about 4-5 cords stacked and drying. Looking forward to converting all of it into btus over the next couple of years!

Get yourself a photobucket account, upload your pic there and then you can post from there. A bit of a pain, but worth it!

5 men, two splitters, 5 cords split. I am now officially two years ahead on wood! Would post photos but cannot seem to post with my iPad.

We can wait for pictures for a few hours :)
Stacked too?
Lots of work, & lots of BTUs.

One hell-of-a crew for sure. :)

Well, not certain if this will work, but here is a pic of the crew after the splitting party.

Very cool! The guys look tired, but also look like they are feeling good after some satisfying hard work.

Reactions: remkel
Very cool! The guys look tired, but also look like they are feeling good after some satisfying hard work.

Nothing like getting family together, even if it is for work. Next it is off to my father's house in January for his 7-10 cords. That includes wood for the syrup operation.

Hey Remkel, just think what would happen if they split it right!!!!! Vertical all the way saves a lot of work.

On the pictures, I used to have a photobucket account but got rid of it because they keep doing strange things. Sometimes I could not even find the picture that was there yesterday.

I will say that you can use the link they give you and use that in this forum and the picture will be here rather than having to go to the photobucket web page. I really like the new forum here though where we can just upload from our computer. Saves a lot of messing around. I've yet to have a picture too big but then, I usually shrink the pictures off our camera when I upload them.

No cases of beer?

I like it Rem. I do the same thing in the spring, I get my grapple load cheap and my buddy and I spend a week bucking and splitting 8 cords. After cabin fever it's a good 'get me out of the house and work' thing for me.

No cases of beer?
Being an EHS professional, I thought having people in shorts and without hearing protection enough sins for one post :) "Refreshments" were abundantly available for hydration purposes :)

I like it Rem. I do the same thing in the spring, I get my grapple load cheap and my buddy and I spend a week bucking and splitting 8 cords. After cabin fever it's a good 'get me out of the house and work' thing for me.[/q

Got the grapple load in February, but a series of back injuries prevented me from completing the task. Luckily I got quite a bit done in May for this year. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Rem, Are you burning already?

Only in the fire pit. Dropped down into the high fifties last night. The past few years it has been October 15 for the first fire. We shall see where things go is year. Still have to clean the flue and make certain everything is just right....set up the chairs in the basement for fire viewing, develop distractions for my wife and daughters so they do not realize I am missing while watching the fire, and stock up on goodies to snack on while I am down there. Luckily I have the iPad so I can etch a good movie by the fire light :)

Status
Not open for further replies.