AE Autoclean

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their autoclean floor? I am burning Turmans, very good pellet, my problem is that I am getting very hard deposits on the pot floor, causing the floor to get stuck when it cleans making the stove shut down until I grind the floor with my dremel to clean it. I usually do this once a week, but I never had this problem other years. I guess I just gotta shut her down 2 times a week and grind the floor to prevent shut downs in the middle of the night or while we are at work, it is gettin way to cold here for the stove to be shut down.

smoke show said:
Another thread going right now.
Yea, I just saw that after I posted this one.

Scraping never hurts but the door is spring loaded it should be able to slide over a few slag bumps. Need to look at the springs and slides sometimes ash and slag particles can get hung up in them a few carfull shakes of the whole mechanisim then stick the vac in, usually does the trick.

Thats right when I clean my stove I usually take the provided tool and rattle the pot floor up and down a few times from the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.