1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Another Craigslist Gem!

Post in 'The Gear' started by richg, Jan 5, 2011.

1. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Just think, for $995.00 you get this whole pile of junk, when for only $4 more, you could get a brand new Husky 22 ton.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

build your own better log splitter - $995 (loaded on a pallet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-01-03, 9:42AM EST
    Reply to: sale-zh8pb-2141016276@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I have: A true industrial side shaft Kohler 20hp motor coupled to a huge hydraulic pump, matched to 4 rams, with the lines, reservior, valves, and engine gauges and fuel tank. I even have an operator's seat. This motor had 501 hours on it, and turns over. This entire set came off of a hydraulically driven machine. Everything is on a plastic pallet which will slide in to your pickup truck with ease. This could build any number of items like a firewood processor, a rim crusher, a massive log splitter or even your own Terminator.

You'll need: some serious creativity, backyard-garage smarts, a welder, and steel for the frame.

BUT--everything else is here! Guys on youtube are building their own--check them out.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    :lol: WTF is that.The lengths some people will go to,to save 4 bucks.
  3. avc8130

avc8130 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    God's Gift to Gassification
    AHAHA. I saw this on C-list and forwarded it to everyone I knew. Hysterical. Amazing.
    ac