1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Another Craigslist Gem

Post in 'The Gear' started by richg, Mar 9, 2011.

1. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Let's see, I can buy this beauty for $850, or for $149.00 more I can have a brand new 22 ton Husky. Decisions, decisions...

Log Splitter - $850 (Red Lion)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-03-08, 1:26PM EST
    Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good running condition. Wisconsin Engine. 4 way wedge. Please call 1111111111111111 for details.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. muncybob

muncybob Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Near Williamsport, PA
    Yep, I've seen similar ads around here. People are nuts...I wonder if they find a sucker somewhere?
    Currently using the 10% coupon I just received from TSC I can buy that new Huskee for $953 including sales tax. This is tempting to me but I'll regret it if they run another sale along with a $100 store credit like last year.
  3. mywaynow

mywaynow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast
    Don't wait too long either. With oil sticking us like it is, firewood is going up in value, as will everything involved in producing it.
  4. Singed Eyebrows

Singed Eyebrows New Member

Loc:
    Midwest
    Yeah, Thats one you want to jump on fast. Looks like the tires might even be down to the cords. Randy
  5. 525fury

525fury Member

Loc:
    Smyrna, TN
    I am considering buying the same exact log splitter at TSC.
    How can i get my hands on one of those 10% off coupons? I have searched, but with no luck.

Thanks!
  6. mywaynow

mywaynow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast
    Go in and ask the manager for an end of year 10% incentive to sell one. Most have good luck with that. If you don't succeed there, try another store. May try to get a quote from a HD store and see if they promote their units with a discount. Use that information to nudge TSC. I would only get the TSC Huskee vs other big store chain lines.