Another Craigslist Gem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Let's see, I can buy this beauty for $850, or for $149.00 more I can have a brand new 22 ton Husky. Decisions, decisions...

Log Splitter - $850 (Red Lion)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-08, 1:26PM EST
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good running condition. Wisconsin Engine. 4 way wedge. Please call 1111111111111111 for details.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attachments

• splitter 1.jpg
    splitter 1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 509
Yep, I've seen similar ads around here. People are nuts...I wonder if they find a sucker somewhere?
Currently using the 10% coupon I just received from TSC I can buy that new Huskee for $953 including sales tax. This is tempting to me but I'll regret it if they run another sale along with a $100 store credit like last year.

Don't wait too long either. With oil sticking us like it is, firewood is going up in value, as will everything involved in producing it.

Yeah, Thats one you want to jump on fast. Looks like the tires might even be down to the cords. Randy

I am considering buying the same exact log splitter at TSC.
How can i get my hands on one of those 10% off coupons? I have searched, but with no luck.

Thanks!

Go in and ask the manager for an end of year 10% incentive to sell one. Most have good luck with that. If you don't succeed there, try another store. May try to get a quote from a HD store and see if they promote their units with a discount. Use that information to nudge TSC. I would only get the TSC Huskee vs other big store chain lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.