Another fire tonight? Enough is enough

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, same here, frost warning tonight, fire going. I learned a few years back not to plant anything outside until closer to memorial day as this isn't the first time freaky frost happens in May. My plants are comfortable inside for now, 80 one day 53 the next will kill off my eggplant plants for sure. Granted peppers and tomatoes are a litte hardier but I'd rather wait.

I'm liking the fire, not the fact that I'm way into next years stash now, but the furnace isnt running, that's a trade off I'll accept ;)We have ALOT of css Ash from Sandy that I can only hope to have some dry hot summer weeks ahead of us to get it close to burn ready later this year!

The 30 is settled in for the night burn. Doing the 30's tonight. March kinda night here. Daytime was 15 degrees below normal.

I started one tonight. First time in almost 2 weeks. Nice chunk of birch on it right now, I'll probably throw in a few pieces just to keep the chill out tonight.

Really love this new Summit insert I got in March. Was a little afraid that for this time of year it would just be too big. Did a great job heating the house into the 70's in the high 20's we had in March enough so that it should be okay for the colder weather in Dec/Jan next season.

Was getting a little antsy not making many fires over last couple weeks. So the last two days with overnight lows in the 30's were welcome as an opportunity to build some fires. Just big enough to get the stove warmed up to get the blower on. and warm the house from abt 67 into the low 70's.
But it warms up enough with the sun in the afternoon so no fires are needed daytime or evening. The cast iron top and ash lip on the newer model insert are really nice -- they stay warm much longer than the rest of the stove--nice detailing too.

I know it's going to be in the upper 30's in SE Mass tonight, no burning here. Heat it set at 55, if it gets down that low. The stove is all cleaned up and the stove tools put away for the summer. Outdoor burning is all I got now.

And yet again, tonight.

I'll start the PE in a bit. Luckily, it's nights like tonight that it can take care of the entire house ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.