Any Plumbers in here? Toilet mounting question...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn1

Aug 7, 2008
Central Maine
I have a new Upflush toilet that will soon need to be installed on a radiant heated cement floor.

My question is, how does one secure a toilet like this to the floor?

The last thing we need right now is to drill into the tubing that is in the floor.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don't know your model but:
Take a look at the rough in instructions.
Go to the manufacturers website and download it. It gives you detailed instruction how to mount it securely to the Floor.
Not difficult to do.
Your installer of the radiant floor should be able to tell you too the distance of the waterlines to each other.

I'm not a plumber, but when looking at some of the rough ins for the toilet in question, some do install differently.
If it's the usual installation procedure it should not be too difficult either. One always has to look at rough ins before installing and even when planning.
Does it fit or not. Learned from experience when planning and designing Bathrooms.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

I actually have a plumber doing the job, but when he was here a few months ago doing the initial rough in of the plumbing, he asked me how we were going to secure the toilet to the floor.. Now that we're finally ready for him to come back and do the final hook ups of everything I am curious to see what he has for ideas, if any. :)

The toilet is in!

The plumber came yesterday and everything went well with no problems. He drilled and bolted the toilet to the floor without disturbing any radiant heat piping. :)

I was under the impression that it was VERY risky to drill into the floor, but evidently if the floor was done right, the tubing is far enough down in the slab so that drilling slightly into the floor is no issue.

If there is a chance that the radiant heat pipes are close to the toilet flange than you should use a special foam ring, rather than a wax ring. The wax ring will melt and slowly dissapear. Most supply stores carry one size but other sizes can be ordered if nessecary. Hope this info helps.

webby3650 said:
If there is a chance that the radiant heat pipes are close to the toilet flange than you should use a special foam ring, rather than a wax ring. The wax ring will melt and slowly dissapear. Most supply stores carry one size but other sizes can be ordered if nessecary. Hope this info helps.

No rings or holes in the floor to deal with with this toilet.

Here is a link to what it is if you are interested-

http://www.saniflo.com/SANIPLUS.aspx

--Jeff

Make a sign "NOTHING down the toilet except human waste and toilet paper". I told my sister with 4 teenage girls that if a tampon clogged the pump, it would be removed, blood typed, and returned to the rightful owner. They got the message.

If you don't have an automatic pump on that tank, get one.
Overflow on the floor to know when the tank is full stinks.

Frxdy said:
Make a sign "NOTHING down the toilet except human waste and toilet paper". I told my sister with 4 teenage girls that if a tampon clogged the pump, it would be removed, blood typed, and returned to the rightful owner. They got the message.

Good idea! The plumber that did the install made that loud and clear to me, and I passed the info along to my wife, but the sign is a good idea for visitors that may use it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.