Any Word on the PE Alderlea Wood Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KNAP345

Sep 2, 2009
Western, PA
I'm new to the site but have been reading lot on this site about wood inserts. I'm looking to heat Approx. 3000 Sq. Ft. house with a large wood insert. I would like to buy this fall, but heard that PE might be coming out with a cast iron Alderlea wood insert? Anyone know any more information or if that this is true and possibly when to expect it. Right now leaning toward the summit insert, but like the looks of the cast iron inserts. Summit seems be one of the larger inserts on the market. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I just talked to the PE NW regional sales rep and a factory rep and neither of them mentioned anything of the sort. Unless they are being secret squirrel about it I wouldn't hold out hope for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.