Anyone bought their pellet supply for this season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
went back to hardwoods after many softwood yrs..
Hamer hots/Barefoot....... past few yrs getting way too much fines in the bags clogging up my slideplate
and causing pellets to not feed overnite...Matra/Easy Blaze.. I will deal with more ash for now..
plus price for the better softies is too high.. still have 3 tons doug firs leftover from cheaper priced yrs for them bitter overnites..

This is my first year with a pellet stove, I’m hoping these pellets are high quality. The stove seller recommended Saddlepack pellets but they sold out before I could get them and they were $370/ ton!

I just recently purchased my supply for the winter. 4 tons of Somersets from the local Menards for $250 a ton. Should be enough for all winter with maybe some left over.

I just recently purchased my supply for the winter. 4 tons of Somersets from the local Menards for $250 a ton. Should be enough for all winter with maybe some left over.
That’s a very good price. Paid $290/ton in Cincinnati for Somersets.

Reactions: Jeremy6500