Anyone bought their pellet supply for this season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
burn 24/7 most of winter.
100 yr old not well insulated 2 story house..
average 3/half to 4 tons.. mostly softwoods.

Got 3 tons of Vermont coming tomorrow, $415/ton. We use anywhere from 3 to 4 tons a heating season depending on how cold it gets. But we always have a couple tons extra just in case.

sam

had 1.5 ton left from last year and just picked up 2 ton of AWF hardwoods at $289.50 a ton, so I'm good for the season

349/ton now at HD. Local place has preseason pricing of 350/ton for hamers hot ones or easyblaze super premium soft wood. Ive heard really good things about hamers hot ones so might go that route. Could also get americas hardwood for 300/ton. Think I might order now before the prices go up at the local place.
Who is your "Local Place" ?
(I am in Frenchtown)

(I am in Frenchtown)
Hamer hots are just as they say.. very hot..
lot of ash though so there's that...
burned couple tons last winter and ordered couple tons again for this season
along with ton of Barefoots..

My local Energex dealer sold to another company who promptly jacked up the price to $9/bag!! Anyone know of any place in the Lehigh Valley that sells Energex for a reasonable price?

My local Energex dealer sold to another company who promptly jacked up the price to $9/bag!! Anyone know of any place in the Lehigh Valley that sells Energex for a reasonable price?

Okie softwoods are going for that at my local hardware store. This is the only place that sells more than 1 brand of pellet in the area - otherwise it is TSC (MWP's) or Agway (NEWPs). I'm actually surprised the GS bag price isn't up there with the okie price - they are usually really proud of GS northeast blend pellets. But to be fair, their ton prices are usually decent for the area and they give a 10% discount for buying 10 bags or more (or at least they have in the past, we'll see about this year).

1692171019941.png

(I am in Frenchtown)
It's called NJ pellets and Firewood (they are on Rt 12, Frenchtown). Just saw them pop up this year. I was on vacation so I actually just emailed them this morning again. I saw their prices went up a little bit, but I think I would prefer to give the local place the money versus the big corporations. Going to give them a call later today. Was thinking of trying out a ton or 2 of coffee pellets too but now im reading reviews that they are really hot and might only be good for certain stoves, of which my comfortbilt might not be one of them.

Just ordered 4 tons. 2 tons hamers and 2 tons barefoot for 1510 delivered. Really didn't sound bad considering home Depot was 1475 for green supreme and Lowe's was 1501 for idk what brand and I want to support local where I can.

Reactions: bogieb
For an extra $35, sounds like a good deal over BBS pellets.

heck yeah...
too much money for low BTU stuff at box stores.
also got 2 hamer and 2 barefoot with delivery just a bit less than Bogieb.

$1420 for 5 ton outa tractor supply in northern Adirondacks , last two weeks of July they run discount promotion the past few years up here , $25 off a ton + the 20¢ off a bag when buying by the ton

I have 3 tons of Matra paid for and will be delivered sometime in the next month. I always start with 3 tons because of my storage space and buy more as the season goes on. I'm thinking about increasing the order to 4 tons though since I went through 4 1/2 last winter, but I'll have to figure out storage.
On the plus side, last winter, I used very little oil. I started last winter with the gauge a little over half a tank, and it's now just below a half tank.

Reactions: ADK8258*
had a new Oil tank installed and filled April 2022.. 275 gallons.
just went below the half way mark recently..
burn 24/7 during most winter..

Bought 3 tons of Northern Warmth Douglas Fir. Pellets were really expensive but delivery was 1/2 price. Asked for delivery in Mid to late October.

Bought 3 tons of Northern Warmth Douglas Fir. Pellets were really expensive but delivery was 1/2 price. Asked for delivery in Mid to late October.
Got these 2 yrs ago or so when prices we're not as bad...

20210130_175728.jpg

Reactions: vinny11950
4 tons bought and paid for in April on an early bird special, $1210 delivered. I've been getting nervous about availability so I had them throw on another ton on my order. This ton cost me an extra $30 (no early bird special) but my other local suppliers are at $315/ton and don't have any and can't say when they'll see any. The only bad news is I've never burnt this brand called Stagg's. They're made from the leftovers of white oak whiskey and wine barrels 🍷. My supplier says they're a better pellet then what I was burning (Marth) and I trust him. It also helps that my old PC 45 Harman will burn it if it's flammable.

I bought mine in the Spring at 300.50 per ton USD
with my dealer delivery is included. The same price picked up or delivered
The first pallet will be here next Thursday between 9 a.m. and noon. I don't have
to be here he knows where to put them after all I have bought from him
every year for the last 22 years The price now is 309.65 USD per ton

I just saw someone hauling 3 tons on a trailer behind their pickup yesterday. It made me wonder if my 2.5 tons will get me through the winter. I may be buying another ton as an insurance policy, even though it's over $300 now.

I just saw someone hauling 3 tons on a trailer behind their pickup yesterday. It made me wonder if my 2.5 tons will get me through the winter. I may be buying another ton as an insurance policy, even though it's over $300 now.
I just paid $290/ton + tax for Somerset pellets. The store mgr indicated they purchased over 30 semi loads thus far for the season.

Reactions: ABusWrench
I ju

I bought 3 tons last month, 2 at $270/ton and 1 at $300. And I thought that was a good price in my town.
Yeah that is pretty good. I got mine at Coastal Farm & Ranch. I missed the Christmas gift card deal $120 worth for $100 last year. Will try again this year. Saves another $40 since I buy $200 worth of cards and then save the cards until pellets go on sale in the summer.