Anyone familiar with installing a Scan 60?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa King

Oct 5, 2012
We are replacing our 20+ yr old wood stove with a Scan 60 that we bought secondhand. Problem is we cannot even get the stove pipe installed and are at a dead end. We got the 6 inch piping but CANNOT get it into the port that comes OUT of the stove itself. Is there some kind of adapter or any tricks? I told my husband it CANNOT be this difficult, we are doing something wrong! any help would be greatly appreciated

Is this single-wall or double-wall pipe? If double-wall, what make of pipe?

I know our old stove was like that ( not a scan 60 ). We ended up buying an adapter for it to fit right with single wall pipe. When we upgraded to double wall it fit perfect without the adapter. The problem was the type of single wall pipe because we had a large seem on the outside of it. The seamless pipe would have fit perfect.

Pete

I know our old stove was like that ( not a scan 60 ). We ended up buying an adapter for it to fit right with single wall pipe. When we upgraded to double wall it fit perfect without the adapter. The problem was the type of single wall pipe because we had a large seem on the outside of it. The seamless pipe would have fit perfect.

Pete
You know, I think you might have hit the nail on the head with the seam. Although Lowe's is the only place we have found to carry the piping we may have to venture into Denver and find a smaller business that might carry other brands. I believe it might be the seam that is hanging us up. He destroyed one 2 foot pipe trying to jam it into the stove! thank you for this suggestion, much appreciated as all responses are.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
It is single wall and the brand is Duravent, I think. We got it at Lowe's in Colorado

If this is Duravent you want part 1677 Duravent 6" single-wall Stovetop adapter.

1677_1877.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.