Anyone order pellets at this site?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ducker said:
so glad I got out when I did... this is just bad news as far as I'm concerned.. even if they do come through with pellets... is it worth all this added frustration? I would suggest anyone looking to possibly purchase pellets from here to look elsewhere - as it's not worth the unknown factor.. :/

I think the pellet market get's too volatile too easy.

I do think these guys are legit and will deliver (notice I didn't say when), but their CS really sucks!

My father just ordered pellets from them and they're now $250 a ton, and 35 bucks for delivery. They told him Sept. delivery. BTW I still have heard nothing about my delivery, and I ordered in May. Beginning of May for that matter.

If heating oil goes down to say 3 bucks, I may fill my tanks, and abandon this whole pellet baloney.

i sent 3 emails so far and left msg yesterday, nothing, nada, even though they told me my delivery was a little delay from late June to 2nd or 3rd week in July.....this is end of July and still waiting........!!!!!

Okay, weeks after emailing them (again and again) I got an email back from them last week asking for my name and address so they could check the status for me. I gave it to them and never heard back from them, so I sent yet another email yesterday. This time I got a prompt answer (well, at least it was the same day) saying the following:

"we are processing orders in which they were taken you will be contacted the night prior, Thanks Steve"

Now that's service! See, all those phone calls and emails paid off with some good concrete information and excellent customer service! All I can say is thank god it's not cold yet... :)

Wet1 said:
This time I got a prompt answer (well, at least it was the same day) saying the following:

"we are processing orders in which they were taken you will be contacted the night prior, Thanks Steve"

Now that's service!

wet1, don't get much excited, this SAME answer I got like month and a half ago.......still waiting........

why and what's the delay problem with them? I, like others, ordered in May, isn't it over 2 months ago enough time to have a delivery???
I understand that if we ordered maybe last month with the pellet frenzy going on that would be different as our order would be down on the list.......but orders for May ??

this is pathetic...!!

Sounds like the typical government responce you are all getting...."Move along...nothing to see here....all is well" Mean while they have no pellets.

LOL, I was being facetious geek...

I have no idea what the major issue is. I don't know if it's just lack of personal, pellets, or just piss-poor management (I think we've already figured this last part out). Like I said before, I just want someone on their end to give me honest and regular status updates... you wouldn't think that would be all that difficult, would you????

Status
Not open for further replies.