Ash catcher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

latitude45

Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2009
petoskey, mi
www.flickr.com
Its 80 and I'm thinking wood stove... sick..

Anyways. I'm looking for a metal tray/tub 30" x 8" to sit in front of my isle royal stove.. Can't seem to find anything at home depot/ lowes that fits the bill. Any ideas?

latitude45 said:

Anyways. I'm looking for a metal tray/tub 30" x 8" to sit in front of my isle royal stove.. Can't seem to find anything at home depot/ lowes that fits the bill. Any ideas?

Go to a restaurant supply store and get a half sheet baker's pan. Little bigger than you want but will do the job.

latitude45 said:

Hey latitude45, maybe you could find some Petoskey stones?! :)

Wood Heat Stoves said:
I hope I'm still using my woodstove at 80! You can always have something made up at a sheet metal fabricator to a specific size if you need it but it may be more expensive than finding something ready made.

"Its 80" Like dgrees. But I hope we are all burning when were 80. Even when latitude45 gets there. Whenever that may be.

Been really hot the last few weeks..... I cant wait for Winter... Love my Stoves.

I do have quite a few petoskey stones.. Want some?

I was thinking something along the lines of a small galvanized washtub 8"tall x 6-8 wide with slanted walls x 2-3 ft long.. It would sit right in front of the stove door and catch ash as it falls out when I open the door.

latitude45 said:
I do have quite a few petoskey stones.. Want some?

I was thinking something along the lines of a small galvanized washtub 8"tall x 6-8 wide with slanted walls x 2-3 ft long.. It would sit right in front of the stove door and catch ash as it falls out when I open the door.

I'll bet you do have many stones. We used to live near Gaylord and also in the U.P. Sometimes it gets to the point where I have to check the vehicle every time we leave the beach to see where my wife has hid more stones! But thanks for the offer.

I hear it got a bit chilly around Pellston a couple days ago.

Yes, they call it the ice box of the nation. It can get cold up there in the valley but it is a rare occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.