Ash questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just funnin' latrap :).

IDK what you're splitting tomorrow but you better make sure that log turners in good repair. Not magic, Murphy ;lol.

you could own that thing! Free for the pickup!

It is worth almost 75 cents at the scrapyard

Walnut.

Gees guys im trying to get a picture of the wood split that was in the other picture i posted. Closer inspection on it compared to wood i no is walnut the bark is identical. Had no idea walnut could b green and purple, always thought it had brown heart wood. I learned something new today. And now i do remember cutting green ash last year thanks to the other pic posted, new it was ash by the leaves

Ash questions

Attachments

• Ash questions
    Resampled_2014-02-24_15-44-16_844.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 105
Finally got the picture up. This is a split from the other picture i posted. Does this still look like walnut?

Split it a little larger. Big seasoned walnut burns pretty good.

walnut. I burn a lot and I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.