Ashford 30 -2 months old door hinge smoke smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If he isnt here complaining I would assume he must be happy. lol

Reactions: Ashful
If he isnt here complaining I would assume he must be happy. lol
Unfortunately that's all too common. People tend to here with an issue then never bother to comment after things are resolved.

Last edited:
Easy webby. Easy. I ended up with a princess model. I'm a happy camper. No issues, great company. In MN now we're getting 30s-40 at night with wind and days 45-65. Im running about 24 hour to maybe 30 hour reloads. There is no smell at all. I know there are hundreds and hundreds of Ashford 30s out there so I think I just got one with a issue. Regardless they made it right and I'm going to order another stove from them for a cabin up north this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: webby3650
Easy webby. Easy. I ended up with a princess model. I'm a happy camper. No issues, great company. In MN now we're getting 30s-40 at night with wind and days 45-65. Im running about 24 hour to maybe 30 hour reloads. There is no smell at all. I know there are hundreds and hundreds of Ashford 30s out there so I think I just got one with a issue. Regardless they made it right and I'm going to order another stove from them for a cabin up north this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That wasn't meant to be directed at you. It's all too common to never hear an update though.

I'm glad it worked out so well! With no smell I'd be on here singin some praises after you're ordeal!

Reactions: aaronk25