Ashford excitement!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shoot-straight

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2012
Kennedyville, MD
Ordered mine today. Can't wait.... can't tell whether its excitement or I'm anxious, they can't possibly be as great as everyone says- or could they? I sure hope so! After seeing one in person, I will say they look great.

Its a huge stove, I just hope it looks OK in my alcove setup. Much deeper than the photos make it look.

Of course this will be followed by the obligatory "me and my new stove" thread. Hopefully I'm about 2 weeks :)

Reactions: PapaDave
Congrats on the new order!
Yes we will need pics and a review!
I personal think you made a wise choice!

If you'd had that shipped to my house, it would have been the perfect story.
For me.;lol
I'm still considering that stove.Congrats, and we'll wait patiently for the pics as you drive up to the house, unload it, move it into the alcove......etc., etc., etc.
Seriously....I'm not kidding.
popcorn.gif
tapping.gif

I'm not moving anything. Cash is....

No way on doing it. Let the pros do it. Worth the $ in my opinion. I think my hearthstone is sold. That we will move out on our own. I have a strategy all set for that, plus a buyer with a HD hand truck.

Ordered mine today. Can't wait.... can't tell whether its excitement or I'm anxious, they can't possibly be as great as everyone says- or could they? I sure hope so! After seeing one in person, I will say they look great.

Its a huge stove, I just hope it looks OK in my alcove setup. Much deeper than the photos make it look.

Of course this will be followed by the obligatory "me and my new stove" thread. Hopefully I'm about 2 weeks :)

Wooo Hooo ! ...... Can't wait to hear your review and see pics

Want to see pictures too!! I'm gonna get one this summer and do a remodel on an alcove for its location.

How bigs the alcove you're installing it into? You get the fan kit as required for an alcove install?

Want to see pictures too!! I'm gonna get one this summer and do a remodel on an alcove for its location.

How bigs the alcove you're installing it into? You get the fan kit as required for an alcove install?

Yes to the fans. Look at my avatar to see what its going into. The Ashford is much taller and deeper than my Phoenix. Just hope it doesn't look funny.

Two years ago I switched from a hearthstone heritage to a BK princess. I have not regretted that decision for a second, and I don't expect you will either.

Reactions: alforit
Two years ago I switched from a hearthstone heritage to a BK princess. I have not regretted that decision for a second, and I don't expect you will either.

Would love to take one of those puppies for a test drive in the fireplace. Just don't wanna have to pay for it. And figure that the difference in wood usage and stove price would take a long time to make up anyway. I can buy a lot of wood for two grand.

Reactions: Hardrockmaple
The experience is very difference that burning the NC30 or any other non-cat. It is, well, boring. I am not concerned with wood savings and I needed a new stove anyways since the hearthstone was failing to last.

Replacing the hearthstone would have actually been more expensive than buying a top of the line blaze king. I'm not sure why folks think that BKs are some sort of ultra expensive machine. West of the river, the BKs are right in line with the other top brands.

Reactions: NVHunter
Ashford showed up at the dealer yesterday! So up I went 50miles to fetch it. Installer agreed to put it could put it in tomorrow! It was an adventure...

Called neighbor to borrow trailer. Get about 10 miles up the road, I noticed a wiggle. Pulled over. Trailer bearings were loose as a goose. Back I went. Called another neighbor for another trailer. Go over, and while I'm hitching up, hear a slap noise followed by some scratching at the front of the truck. Immediately shut it off and popped the hood. My serp belt decided to give up... so I now make another call, for a truck. Finally get on my way! Pickup and ride home went uneventful. Thank god.

Tomorrow I just hope install goes OK and the paint fumes aren't too bad.

Cold wx here now but really cold comes Tues. Perfect timing if all goes right!

Status
Not open for further replies.