augur shoot gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
maybe someone can help, I had to get a new augur shoot gasket. It goes behind the back heat panel ( 2nd one in 2 years) I am wondering if I am putting it on right. IT has 2 pieces. A thin square gasket piece and and the thick cotton like square piece. Should I be gluing these together and gluing the thin piece to the stove ( gluing = high heat gasket glue ) It looks like the original piece was stuck on there because there was reminents stuck to the stove.
Maybe if I did glue these they would not come off when I cleaned the the stove.
Any ideas..

Chris, we'd need to see either a pic of your stove, the gasket, and the area on the stove that it came from, or at least see what it looks like in the owners manual to really comment.

that would help..... here are some pics hopefully it makes sense

stovesheetrock010.gif

stovesheetrock011.gif

stovesheetrock013.gif

Again, this is behind the back heat sheild....

the only thing I see in the manual is this about cleaning....."Inspect the auger chute gasket at this time. Make sure
the gasket is still in good condition and that it is in the original position
when the back heat shield is bolted back into position"

Status
Not open for further replies.