automatic draft opener.. is there such a thing available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseykat1

Dec 19, 2010
North NJ
Is there such a thing available as an automatic draft opener that is some what universal. It would be nice to have something that you could adapt to your stove that would open and close the primary draft as temperature increases or decreases similar to what blaze king stoves do.

Don't know what you are running, but my vigilant has an automatic draft. Keeps a nice, consistent heat off the stove.

A few stoves have this feature. It's not all that common and not as useful as the stove that feeds itself. :lol:

my stove doesnt have this feature. i think it would be useful in helping to keep coal build up down and heat output up, during overnight burns. for those that have manual draft controls.

BeGreen said:
A few stoves have this feature. It's not all that common and not as useful as the stove that feeds itself. :lol:

Isn't the new Woodstock stove a self-feeder? It should be, it does just about everything else. ;-)

Actually, wasn't there talk about an advanced draft control mechanism on the new Woodstock? Or was I just dreaming that?

Battenkiller said:
BeGreen said:

Isn't the new Woodstock stove a self-feeder? It should be, it does just about everything else. ;-)

Actually, wasn't there talk about an advanced draft control mechanism on the new Woodstock? Or was I just dreaming that?

Don't know about you Battenkiller, but after seeing the new Woodstock design I found myself drooling....

Status
Not open for further replies.