1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Best pellets at South Shore Wood Pellets?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Steph2078, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph2078

Steph2078 Member

Loc:
    MA
    WHat are you burning, had a great time with the Barefoots last year... and need to purchase another ton. Wanted to know what you found best. I have an englander. Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

I have an Englander too, but in your case, the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to apply here...if you had good results w/ the Barefoots, why change?

That being said, the following are the pellets that I like the most so far:
    Pres-to-logs
    Lignetics Soft & Hardwood
    NEWP

I have the following, but haven't burned them yet (but am expecting good things based on reviews):
    CleanFire
    Rocky Mtn

Wish I had these, as all reviews so far have been great:
    Okanagans
    Barefoot
  3. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    The Appling County leave behind a huge mess of ash
    so those are the only ones I'd steer clear of. Everything else
    he has at the moment is top quality imo so take your pick.
    I will say that my fav (bang for the buck) out of his current line up
    is Omalley. Ymmv. [​IMG]
  4. countk

countk Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Cape Ann, MA
    I bought 3 tons of Lignetics from them in the spring, can't go wrong with them IMO. As Xena said all are great except possibly Appling (never tried them).

I ordered over the phone and the people were very nice and the delivery guy was great. I would recommend them!
  5. Steph2078

Steph2078 Member

Loc:
    MA
    Thanks everyone!! Last year I ordered a ton opf barefoots... hubby picked them up, came home, unloaded the whole ton. And I asked to see the bag.. he didn't check to see what he was buying because they said it was cheaper!! Uggh!! They were the Appling... So I was mad! Just to make him happy, we tried a few bags and they were horrible!! Back to the store he went with the ton he came home with!!

I was thinking about Omalleys, and online info I saw was good, but I was nervous because it seemed like a good deal!
  6. MrVStar

MrVStar New Member

Loc:
    Warren Co. NJ
    Hey Macman. Have you tried any of those Cleanfire pellets yet? I am about to make the plunge on them and was curious how they were. I hate buying pellets in quantity without trying them first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.