Best programmable thermostat for my CB-1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eandbnorton

Dec 2, 2009
Idaho
I'm wanting to swap out my current t-stat for a programmable one, but am not sure which one to get. I want to get a programmable one that I can adjust the anticipator setting on it so the stove won't cycle back on/off so frequently. Any suggestions?

Go to Home Depot and get the Ritetemp 6022 programmable thermostat for a whopping $25!!! That is ALL you need. It DOES have anticipator adjustment from 0.7 degrees up to, I believe, 2 degrees. Don't spend more than that. You just don't need it.

My Lux programmable can be set for up to 9 degrees "swing"....I have it set for 2.

Attachments

• LUX psp511l.gif
    LUX psp511l.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 261
Macman,
I also have the Lux. How do you go back to the original programed settings after an over ride, without waiting for the next scheduled setting? I'm currently turning the switch from RUN to Program then back to RUN. I lost the instructions.

DannMarr said:
Macman,
I also have the Lux. How do you go back to the original programed settings after an over ride, without waiting for the next scheduled setting? I'm currently turning the switch from RUN to Program then back to RUN. I lost the instructions.

You can download the instructions here if needed. What model are you using?

http://www.luxproducts.com/instructionmanuals.htm

I think you just press hold again.

It sounds like the Lux and the Ritetemp are made by the same Chinamen! You push the 'Hold' on mine to get back to "regularly scheduled programming."

Status
Not open for further replies.