best way to line chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hammmitc

Dec 1, 2007
Perkiomenville, PA
here is the problem:

I need to use a 6" flexible liner in my existing brick fireplace but my flue opening is only 5 1/2" wide. The chimney will easily accomadate the 6" liner. The opening on the top of the new fireplace insert is round.

What is the best way to accomplish this without going crazy?

thanks in advance

6" inch liner with the last 5 feet ovalized.. and then an ovalized to round connector.. I've got a dealer on ebay that can do it called Theheatelement just let him or her know..
hammmitc said:
here is the problem:

I need to use a 6" flexible liner in my existing brick fireplace but my flue opening is only 5 1/2" wide. The chimney will easily accomadate the 6" liner. The opening on the top of the new fireplace insert is round.

What is the best way to accomplish this without going crazy?

thanks in advance

Otherwise you can just cut the damper out.

If you can get away without ovalizing, I suggest it. Just cut enough of the damper out to accomodate the round 6" liner. Many of us have done just that. Matter of fact, most do.

hammmitc said:
cutting the damper out works, easy solution to a PITA problem

thanks for the help

No problemo, thats what we are all here for.
Besides, now you get to do a lil destruction, before the production ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.