black pipe install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northpa

Aug 27, 2014
north pa
been trying to figure out how to install durablack pipe straight up without a slipjoint connector. the box, the coolar and pipe are all rigid and it seems impossible to get it seated in the recess if it is cut the perfect length, it is longer than the distance between the top of collar and the bottom of the support box. am i missing something?

That's why you should use a slip. The other option is to cut it to length, pull the stove forward, & tilt it towards to support box.
Slide the connector into the flue collar & then slide & tilt the stove back into position. It's a MAJOR workout, I know, but
with enough bodies, it can be done. I've done it. Remember tho, you will have to remove the connector pretty much the same way.
Do it right & go get a slip. You'll be thankful you did.

Reactions: webby3650
yes, you are missing a slip connector it seems
they are needed, and required by code i believe

haha Bob beat me to the punch

That's why you should use a slip. The other option is to cut it to length, pull the stove forward, & tilt it towards to support box.
Slide the connector into the flue collar & then slide & tilt the stove back into position. It's a MAJOR workout, I know, but
with enough bodies, it can be done. I've done it. Remember tho, you will have to remove the connector pretty much the same way.
Do it right & go get a slip. You'll be thankful you did.

sounds like i get the slip.

Reactions: DAKSY and webby3650
Status
Not open for further replies.