Blaze King Efficiency Claims

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Efficiency can be measured in many ways. An Indy car can be more efficient than a hybrid at getting one person to a destination if it's just time we are comparing, while the hybrid will win if we look at fuel, or semi truck may be more efficient if we need to get one person plus 50,000 lbs of cargo to a destination.

So to discuss efficiency we need to know what is being compared... one way the BK could be almost 4x efficient is if we are talking about burn time per loads. We don't have to define what a load is, or how much heat the stove puts out, just that it is possible that BK will burn for 4x longer for 1 load of fuel. I don't think that is too much of a stretch as most non-cats are probably under the 8hr range with a few maybe a bit more.

Efficiency has a standard definition for most industries. For wood stoves, "efficiency" without further qualification means thermal efficiency, which is the amount of heat transferred into the room to be heated divided by the total heat energy available in the fuel. This is what most people expect and what intuitively makes sense for the definition of a stove's efficiency.

Oh I am aware what it usually means, but my point was it does not have to mean that, it is not a legal term without that further qualification (like saying EPA tested LHV performance efficiency for example). I'm just trying to help em out here, and I'm not even a BK owner :)

Oh I am aware what it usually means, but my point was it does not have to mean that, it is not a legal term without that further qualification (like saying EPA tested LHV performance efficiency for example). I'm just trying to help em out here, and I'm not even a BK owner
They said fuel efficiency that in my book means it uses 4x less wood than any noncat. And it has already been confirmed by the vp of blaze king that it was not true and the add has been pulled.

Oh I am aware what it usually means, but my point was it does not have to mean that, it is not a legal term without that further qualification (like saying EPA tested LHV performance efficiency for example). I'm just trying to help em out here, and I'm not even a BK owner :)

Well, that was exactly what I was objecting to in my original post. I was imagining that there was some obscure legalese that Blaze King was hiding behind in what they meant by "fuel-efficiency" in that video, and I was working myself up into a flither of righteous indignation. Instead, it turns out that it may have been a simple error or oversight, and when it was brought to BKVP's attention he dealt with it in the best possible way. So this story has a happy ending and I can save my righteous indignation for another day. :)

Reactions: Ashful
And on that note, time to put this one to bed.

Reactions: Dieselhead
Status
Not open for further replies.