Blaze King-Installed and online!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful stove and install.

BeGreen said:
Hiram Maxim said:
Thanks for the advice and compliment.

I turned it below 1 as it is just getting tooooo warm in here.

The lower I turned it the higher the stove top temp gets and the CAT spikes higher.

Going to take some getting use to?
Its going to get below freezing tonight so it will be very interesting to see how it performs.

Its a good thing it has a thermostat because this is a whole lotta stove for 2120 sq ft. ;-P

And there's two of them in that space!

Primary & Back-up! :p

north of 60 said:
OH ya, turning it down , just intensifies the heat off the top for awhile but will settle down. When it gets cold out and you turn it up, you will get heat throwing off from the front and top. With the blower, you will not care how cold outside it gets.

N60°,

Yes Sir, It sure intensifies..... :lol:

SolarAndWood said:
That's a great looking install Hiram. Between the King and your remodel, you are going to have one warm house this winter.

Solar,
THX, I bet once you get your house done your wood consumption will drop by a 1/3 if not more?

I'm not generally a fan of "mermaids", but Hiram, that install is just as nice as any I've seen; clean, neat, contemporary. Very sharp! and from the great reviews of the Blaze Kings you have made a great choice.

Hiram, you have done a ton of work and it is showing. Actually, it is showing off very nicely too. It looks great.

You will also find the learning curve is pretty short with the cats. You'll have it down pat in no time at all. Good luck to you and keep warm this winter.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hiram, you have done a ton of work and it is showing. Actually, it is showing off very nicely too. It looks great.

You will also find the learning curve is pretty short with the cats. You'll have it down pat in no time at all. Good luck to you and keep warm this winter.

Dennis,

Thanks for compliment and encouragements over the last 3 years.
Its going to be hard not loading every 8hrs.....Kidding.
I love the CAT thus far.

My wood is now 29 to 30 months cut/split/stacked.

So far with a half load I've been burning for just over 16hrs. using some Cherry uglies and 3 White Ash splits.

I don't think it will be a problem keeping warm this winter. ;-P

Cheers,Hiram

Bobbin said:
I'm not generally a fan of "mermaids", but Hiram, that install is just as nice as any I've seen; clean, neat, contemporary. Very sharp! and from the great reviews of the Blaze Kings you have made a great choice.
Thank you!

Hiram Maxim said:
So far with a half load I've been burning for just over 16hrs. using some Cherry uglies and 3 White Ash splits.

Another brainwashed BK owner comes to the dark side. Next thing you are going to tell us is you set the tstat and forgot about it :lol:

This is an afterthought. But I work in the interior decoration field and "looks count" (esp. where the ladies are concerned). So many installations of wood burning stoves are so UGLY that they turn newbies off at first sight. Hiram, you have chosen what I consider to be a pretty homely stove, albeit a great "performer". And your installation is so nice that even my "snotty eye" paused on its picture. Your installation should be part of any link to how great that model of stove can look and how an "mermaid" can be rendered reasonably attractive!

SolarAndWood said:
Hiram Maxim said:

Another brainwashed BK owner comes to the dark side. Next thing you are going to tell us is you set the tstat and forgot about it :lol:

Im brainwashed and a believer :)

Still going!!!

250 °F stove top, CAT is 1/4 way active T-stat on 1......75 °F in the main part of the house 68-70 °F in the rest of the house.

Bobbin said:
Your installation should be part of any link to how great that model of stove can look

Agreed! Hiram certainly has given me some inspiration. For one, I wouldn't have thought the brown would be that nice. It's good to know that BK's brown is the same as Stove Bright Honeyglow Brown.

and how an "mermaid" can be rendered reasonably attractive!

Uhm, what's a mermaid? I always thought they were pretty hot! :)

Hiram, is that brown metallic?

Rock on!

I don't remember which of the regular wise-asses that routinely trawls this site first coined, "mermaid". But the upshot was that multiple legs were generally preferable to one leg, with attendant late night bar room connotations. It cracked me up then and and I've adopted the description into my "stove talk parlance".

RenovationGeorge said:
Bobbin said:
Your installation should be part of any link to how great that model of stove can look

Agreed! Hiram certainly has given me some inspiration. For one, I wouldn't have thought the brown would be that nice. It's good to know that BK's brown is the same as Stove Bright Honeyglow Brown.

and how an "mermaid" can be rendered reasonably attractive!

Uhm, what's a mermaid? I always thought they were pretty hot! :)

Hiram, is that brown metallic?

Rock on!

George,
The BK is Stove Bright Honeyglow Brown!

My Englander is Stove Bright Metallic Brown.

I like both but the Metallic Brown shows ash/dust easier. But its also a little more appealing to the eye!

Not a big fan of the way BKs look . . . but I love the hearth.

firefighterjake said:
Not a big fan of the way BKs look . . . but I love the hearth.

The only look I was going for was the long burn, even heat, load once a day look.... ;-P

Thanks for the compliment Jake.

Nice to see some pipe sticking out of it finally! ;-) Very nice install, and you nailed it- the heat is alot different. I charted mine last night for 6 hours, measuring everything every half hour. My front room (the coldest) stayed at 71.1 °F for 5 out of the 6 hours straight. my wife reloaded this morning- 17 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.