blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Hearth Supporter
Feb 4, 2009
Northern ,IL
So my blower pulls outside air I have decided to change this so it will pull air from my second story family room. directly above stove. I had to break in to drywall to crawl down to the chase.

I need idea's on how to now secure my blower inside the chase and also adapt the blower housing 13 x 13 and then also a 6 in or 8 in duct up the chase to my 2nd story family room.

I was thinking on making it out of 2 x 12
13 x 13 so I can mount to the wall and them mount the blower to it and seal all air in. Then make a top of the 13 x 13 box and have a 8in adapter connected to then pull air from above?

I wanted to make it out of ducting but bending and sealing it maybe a problem plus I wanted to keep it secure to the wall to keep it away from the heat.

Am I going in the correct direction ?

That should definitely help.

Seems like convection will take the heat upstairs without fan assistance. For greater comfort at floor level, I would look at pulling the air across the house on the same floor if possible. But that is hypothetical, and without a floorplan. What is underneath the fireplace? If there is a basement, can the fan be hung off the basement ceiling joists and the ducting be done in the basement?

I don't have the room to go down as we had to add so much support for the stone.
I was hoping to do exactly that once I got down and in there I had to come up with a new plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.