Breckwell p-2700fsa blowers not turning off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaym4nn

Nov 12, 2016
United states
So recently I acquired my parents pellet stove. I brought it home installed it properly and started it up. Ran fine for about 15 mins then a fuse by the main power blew. I replaced it and it blew instantly after plugging it in and turning the stove one. So I check the stove for a burnt or bare wire, and found nothing. Mind you I did a full cleaning of the stove before I installed it. So I checked the plug and noticed the ground was missing. Thinking that maybe was the problem I put in a new plug. Plugged the stove in and now, even when the switch is off the convection and combustion blowers are running. So think maybe it was the high temp disc I ran a jumper bypassing the disc. Still did the same thing. I'm thinking it maybe the circuit board but I want to get some advice first. Thanks

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a surge bar on the stove as it may save you some headaches down the road especially if you end up with a new board ;) Have your parents given you any clue as to how it was working the last time it was used? The usual culprit for shorts appears to be the ignitor but could be the auger as that is what starts up with the exhaust blower. You can set up a external power cord with spade connectors to test these components individually. Unplug the stove when working in the cabinet so you don't make matters worse! At least you know the blowers work:)

The manual in case you don't have it: http://www.pelletking.com/Pellet-Stove-Manuals/Breckwell-P2700-Pellet-Stove-Manual.pdf

Keep us posted...

PS Usually if the blowers are not shutting off, it is the high limit snap disc. You could take the board out to look for scorching/breaks too just give it TLC.

Last edited:
Reactions: heat seeker
You might try disconnecting the disc, instead of jumpering it.

Yes I installed a surge protector after I blew a few fuses. And I disconnected the three discs and tried that as well. This is the manual I'm using for the stove:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/586086/Breckwell-P2700fsa.html?page=14#manual. I stopped the fuses from blowing but now ran into the blowers continuously running. When I turn the stove on I can manually run the augur. But when I press the augur button which continuously feeds the stove pellets according to whichever setting the stove is on, the augur will not work. I'm at a loss here I'm fairly decent with electronics. But I work on garage door openers. Not stoves. Would like to figure it out. And yes lake girl it is a very good thing the blowers do work. And as for the last time my parents ran the stove which was a week ago. It ran perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like something may have gotten shaken loose with the move... go over all your electrical connection points to make sure all are secure. Unplug while doing this please! Another forum member just removed his high limit disc and cleaned up the body and connections (usually dry scouring pad or fine steel wool), reinstalled and was back in business. He does have a new one on the way though... Have you checked on local availability at stove shops or hardware stores? $30 dollar price tag +/--

Well an update. I have tried everything I have been told on here and around the internet. I think I am going to have to have a technician come out and take a look at it. Seeing as the circuit boards for this model run around 500 dollars I want to be positive that is the problem. And make sure there is not another thing wrong that caused the circuit board to fry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.