Bricks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jotulburner

Sep 9, 2010
maine
I was able to buy a premade pad at a local surplus salvage store. Great price 40 by 40 under $ 100. I need 6 more inchs deep to meet requirements for my stove. I have a brick wall behind stove it is floor to ceiling and no combustables between it and chimney. We took out old brick pad that was cracked and deteriorating and laid hardwoods in room. I want to replace 2 rows of brick from brick wall to my pre made pad. the stove will not sit on it it will just run under stove pipe from edge of premaid pad to wall. stove will sit on pre made pad. I plan on laying down plywood covered with sheet metal 1/2 inch wonderboard then brick and mortar. It will be a little higher than pre made pad with bottom of bricks sitting flush with top of pre maid pad.
My problem is where to find proper Bricks. The ones I took out are to badly damaged to reuse. HD only has cocrette bricks Does any one no where I can find Red clay bricks that will match my wall bricks?

I would ask a local mason or masonry supply business.

Our house is made from the older softer orange bricks. I'm told they can still get them, if necessary. But I haven't inquired further as I have several piles of salvaged brick for future projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.