Burnt smell from Accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx guys .. disti fan kicked off last night, cleaned the ESP & everything else while I was there. Runs fine. Dusty Dry Creek pellets, won't touch em again.

Were you having similar problems? I have to clean mine in the next day or so. Busy weekend so I couldn't get to it. For now it's not being run. Will try and get the little frame built up tonight.

Just an update. I finally did get around to pulling the unit and cleaning the venting. Vent up the chimney was actually pretty clean. However, the exhaust from the stove to the flue collar was pretty caked up. I found the ESP pretty easily on the outside of the exhaust but found that it was buried in ash inside the exhaust. So that was probably why the insert seemed to be getting hotter and hotter. It was too buried in ash to read a proper temp.

So now that it’s been cleaned out well and I moved the room temp sensor it seems to be working pretty well.

So thank you to all that responded and for your suggestions.

I’m good to go for now.

Just an update. I finally did get around to pulling the unit and cleaning the venting. Vent up the chimney was actually pretty clean. However, the exhaust from the stove to the flue collar was pretty caked up. I found the ESP pretty easily on the outside of the exhaust but found that it was buried in ash inside the exhaust. So that was probably why the insert seemed to be getting hotter and hotter. It was too buried in ash to read a proper temp.

So now that it’s been cleaned out well and I moved the room temp sensor it seems to be working pretty well.

I’m good to go for now.
Great news! Thanks for the follow up. Happy to have been among those who helped!:)

I’m good to go for now.

Thanks for the update. Will keep in this in mind for the next time! It actuly makes sense. If the ESP is baried in ash it will insulate it so the stove will keep heating and heating = burnt smell!

So, I just had the issue again. did my 1ton cleaning on Sunday, fired up the stove and bam - same issue. distribution fan shutdown after about 4-5 hours, higher then normal maint flame on manual/room temp and burnt smell from the hopper (as well as condensation on the hopper lid!).

I really didn't want to start pulling the stove out as it was so cold, so I switched over to constant burn/auto for a day. Came back home last night, switched it back to room temp/manual - ran like a champ. will get that ESP next big clean at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.