1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

buying chains

Post in 'The Gear' started by johnsopi, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsopi

johnsopi Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    Where the best deal on chainsaw chain? I see them on ebay both new and rentel take offs.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    The "best" deal on chainsaw chain is probably at a servicing dealer. You won't pay any more (possibly less) and you'll get the right chain for your saw and circumstances.

The cheapest chain I've found is at logging field days like the Woodsmen's Field Days up here in New York. You can get loops of chain for about $10. You can find deals like that online, too, but be sure you know what you need before you order. I bet you pay almost twice that at one of the big box "discount" stores--and no competent customer service.
  3. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Franklin Ma
    I agree with Eric. Unless you are buying in bulk you won't save a ton. And if you order the wrong one you have to send it back.
  4. johnsopi

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    28$ for a chain at the stihl dealer. Is this high? I got that and 6 pack of oil.
  5. philaphire

philaphire Member

Loc:
    Blue Bell, PA
    Actually, I need to start a new topic - but at least at my Lowe's, I went in to get an Oregon replacement chain, $19.99, and they gave me a $20 gift card rebate - now that's the best deal on chainsaw chain - FREE - I think it's through the end of the month. I will double check that...
  6. yukiginger

yukiginger Member

7. bobo

bobo New Member

I buy Carlton , Stihl and GB Carlton.

GB Carlton Is what I buy in 100' rolls. Have 4 rolls in the shop at all times. It does help when your a dealer.
  8. johnsopi

Loc:
    MD near DE&PA;
    BOBO how about setting up a group buy in market place
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.