cab 50 gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick of PA

Oct 18, 2013
central pa
okay, so last spring I completely cleaned the stove from top to bottom including the leaf blower trick to really get all the ash out of the venting system and the hard to reach places... I also capped the venting system and put damp rid in the firebox (thanks to all the advice very little rust in off season). When I prepared the stove for the first burn of the year, I went through the manual again and realized that I did not pull the combustion exhaust blower and clean out the fins as recommended, so I figured I would do that to make sure everything was good to go.

Thank god I did because the blower and the fins were pretty dirty and could have used a good cleaning. Everything with the cleaning went well, however the gasket literally fell apart to the touch. What ever, I figured I would call and get a new gasket. I called to learn that the replacement gasket was almost 20 bucks and the material is now some type of rubber as opposed to the paper like material that was previously used Anyone else with this stove encounter this problem and anyone get the new gasket and if so, does it last longer than one removal?

It just kind of sucks that they recommend doing this cleaning every year or ever ton depending on pellet quality and to think that the gasket falls apart after one removal kind of sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.