Can anyone recommend a flue damper for a 6" SS liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have continuous access to my insert liner due to the fact that my stove is installed in a double sided fireplace. I would like to install a key damper directly on the stove collar if possible. Has anyone else with an insert installed a damper in their liner? I realize that most folks dont have access to the liner, but , since I do, and overdraft seems to be an issue with my stove - it seems to be a cheap and sensible option. The shorter overall length of the damper....the better. What say my hearth brothers?......(and sisters).

Attachments

• SDC11229a.jpg
    SDC11229a.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 187
I don't think you'd wanna do it that way. I think another option could be a very short piece of stove pipe right at the top of the insert, then adding the damper would be easy peazy.

Todd said:
http://store.specialtytoolsusa.com/damper-section6blk-pipe-case-of-1-p87833.aspx?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase
Yeah, that seems like an easier solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.